Wealthy Affiliate Review – Is Wealthy Affiliate worth it?
Want to know what Wealthy Affiliate is? Then you can read my review of Wealthy Affiliate and what I have learned about the membership site so far.
- Wealthy Affiliate Review: Here’s My Thoughts and Opinions
- What’s Included In this membership
- The Training you will receive
- Online Entrepreneur Certification (5 courses and 50 lessons)
- Affiliate Bootcamp (7 courses and 70 lessons)
- My Training Activity
- Training HQ
- Websites and hosting
- Live Events
- The Research Tool Jaaxy
- Site Rank
- My Keyword Lists
- Search Analysis
- Alphabet Soup
- Brainstorm HQ
- Affiliate Programs
- Niche Keyword Lists
- Live Chat
- Help Center
- The Community
- Starter VS Premium Membership
- The support
- Who are Wealthy Affiliate for?
- Wealthy Affiliate Pros & Cons
- I have some bonuses for you!
- Some Testimonials
- Wealthy Affiliate Pricing
- The Conclusion
Hi there, my name is Richard, and I have tested Wealthy Affiliate and want to give you my opinion of the membership site.
I joined Wealthy Affiliate a long time ago, but I didn’t go for the premium membership. This was at the time I wanted to start a side hustle online, but didn’t know how. A long time after the initial testing, I decided to join the premium membership. I really enjoyed it and was impressed, but I didn’t like the price. I also had hosting at that time and didn’t feel I got what I paid for since I didn’t use the hosting part of the membership.
If you go online, you see all the people that want to make money online for free or close to it. In the beginning, we all try to keep the cost down and then $49 each month seems like a huge cost. After doing this for some time, I understand that I need to invest to make money. Nothing will come without investments.
During the same time, I have jumped from one shiny object to the next one. I have some regrets regarding the shiny object syndrome, but all I can do is to look forward. And now I want to help you with the same.
When you join Wealthy Affiliate, you receive a 7 days free trial on many premium functions. Once you have upgraded your membership to premium, you can’t downgrade to free membership again. That’s why I needed to create a new free membership for updating this review. You will see it on my images in this review.
Wealthy Affiliate Review: Here’s My Thoughts and Opinions
Wealthy Affiliate is a membership site for affiliate marketers. Wealthy Affiliate tries to give you everything you need to become successful with affiliate marketing. There is a lot of content that teaches you how to make your own website, find products to promote and how to do marketing. You will also be part of a big and friendly community that help each other out.
In addition to courses and weekly webinars, you will also gain access to tools like website builder with hosting and different tools needed as an affiliate marketer.
Wealthy Affiliate has both a free and premium membership, where the free membership is sort of a teaser with limited functionality.
Wealthy Affiliate has two owners named Kyle & Carson. You will receive a message from them when you join, and you can send them a message if you have any questions. There are only a few places where you have access to the owners like in this.
What’s Included In this membership
In Wealthy Affiliate, you receive everything you need for affiliate marketing where you are using a website.
- Training on how to do affiliate marketing.
- A place to host your websites.
- Tools to do keyword research and spy on your competitors.
- A very active and friendly community you can engage with and learn from.
The Training you will receive
You can choose between two main courses. One on how to do affiliate marketing and one on how to promote Wealthy Affiliate. In addition to the courses, you will receive the training HQ and classrooms.
The lessons in Online Entrepreneur Certification and Affiliate Bootcamp is always in written form, but most of them also have a video showing you the training. At the end of each lesson, you have tasks to do. You do the tasks and register them complete before you take the next lesson.
You do one lesson each day where some lessons are just “Take a break, catch up” lessons that are nice to have in between. I have linked to one of them for you to see. I can also link to the build your website lesson so you can see how a regular lesson is build up.
I will now present the Training module in Wealthy Affiliate.
Online Entrepreneur Certification (5 courses and 50 lessons)
Online Entrepreneur certification is a course on how to find your niche and build your website. I have to admit that I have just skimmed through this part because of the extensive training, but what I have gone through is awesome.
The courses and lessons are:
- Getting Started
- Getting Rolling!
- Understanding How to Make Money Online
- Choose a Niche
- Building Your OWN Niche Website
- Setting Up Your Website
- Getting Your Site Ready for Search Engines
- Creating your Initial Website Content
- Creating Custom Menus on Your Website
- Understanding Keywords, The Start of Your Content
- Congratulations and Your Next Steps
- Building your own Traffic Producing Website
- Your Own Domain, Your Brand
- Move On Over, My Brand Has Arrived
- Creating Keyword Rich Content
- SEtting Up A Domain Specific Email Account
- The Traffic Breakdown
- Making Use of Visuals
- Understanding the Low Hanging Fruit
- Making Face as a real person
- Amplifying Your Productivity
- Boosting Your WA Ranks!
- Making Money!
- Understanding the MONEY in Online Business
- Understanding Affiliate Programs & Networks
- Relevant Affiliate Programs are Everywhere
- Adding Affiliate Links to Your Pages
- Instant Access to a MILLION products
- Leveraging Product Reviews
- Getting Paid for Ads on Your Site
- Earning Pennies OR Dollars?
- A Brilliant Way to Track & Understand Your Traffic
- With Help Comes Financial Success
- Mastering Social Engagement
- What Does Social Engagement Mean To Your Business
- Making Your Website a Place to Engage
- Using Facebook the Right Way
- Pinterest & the Visual Social Hemisphere
- Incorporating a Sound Tweeting Campaign
- Google Plus or Minus?
- The Benefit of Being Social at WA
- Make Your Campaigns Social Branding Animals
- Using the Wealthy Affiliate Social Community
- You Cannot Be a Master of Everything
- Archiving Maximum Success Through Content Creation
- Content is YOUR Business
- Setting Up Google Webmaster Tools
- Improving Indexing Times and Speeds
- People need to read your content
- A Year is a Short Period of Time, Yet BIG for Business
- Writing Within a Devised Plan Architecture
- Writing Your Content With Conversion Intent
- Injecting Comments with Intent
- Bing and Yahoo, They Are Still the 33%
- Articulating a PLAN for the months and year ahead
Affiliate Bootcamp (7 courses and 70 lessons)
The Affiliate Bootcamp is about promoting Wealthy Affiliate, I think the best choice is to start with the Online Entrepreneur Certification since the make money online niche is hard.
The courses and lessons are:
- Getting Your Business Rolling
- Getting Started!
- Choosing Your Direction
- Building Your Website
- A Website Look Around
- Activating Your Plugins
- Getting Your Website Ready for SEO
- Your Initial Framework of Content
- Understanding the Keyword Research Process
- Creating Thoughtful, Insightful Reviews
- The Exciting Journey Has Begun
- Content, Keywords and Conversions
- Creating Readable Content that Converts
- Properly Using Affiliate Links
- Understanding Keywords & A Day of Selling
- Creating Reviews and Using Targeted KEywords
- Take a break, catch up
- Backing Up Your Website
- Enhancing Your Website “Experience”
- Building MORE Content Through Internal Links
- Write a Review and Share it
- Offering Bonuses the Easy WA
- Giving Your Site Social Value
- Making Your Site Social With Plugins
- Making Your Social Profiles Brand Friendly
- How to Create Socially Engaging Content
- Social Waste Vs. Productivity
- Take a social hiatus!
- Power Writing Gone Wild!
- Adding Google Analytics to Your Site
- Leveraging the Jaaxy Affiliate Program
- Making Promotional Use of Your Sidebar
- Build, Build, and BUILD!
- Get Visual, Get Aesthetic. Get a Brand Through Media
- Introduction to Website Design
- An Image Says a THOUSAND things
- Leveraging Wealthy Affiliate Videos for conversions
- Creating Logos & Images
- Give yourself a break!
- Creating an Effective Jaaxy Review
- Research Jaaxy Keywords, Then Show & Tell
- Pinning Habits Lead to Pinterest Power
- Creating Your Own Videos
- A Lesson on Customer Perspective
- Knowing Your Audience & Catapulting Your Referrals
- Creating Content With INTENT
- Getting Your Comments to Convert!
- Video, a HUGE Source of Traffic
- From Keywords to LIVE on Youtube
- A Discussion on Reviews (and a Break)
- The Ultimate Referral Tool!
- Incorporating Your Custom Sign-up Forms into Your Website
- Helping Folks is Critical!
- Create a Custom Video Sign-up Pages
- Creating a 6 Week Plan of Attack!
- Bing, Yahoo, & The Power of PPC
- An Introduction to PPC on Bing Ads
- Letting Bing & Yahoo Know About Your Site
- Paying for Traffic on Bing & Yahoo
- Setting Up Your First PPC Campaign
- Take a Break, Do a Little Math
- Creating Small, Bite Size Review Ad Groups
- Setting Up Conversion Tracking
- Capitalizing on Hidden PPC Landing Pages
- Getting REAL Creative With Keywords
- Refining Your PPC Campaign & Your Journey Ahead
- How to Scale Successful PPC Campaigns
- Blasting Your WA Affiliate Earnings With PPC
- Understanding the Google Adwords Opportunity
- Maximizing Review Pages With PPC
- Your, the affiliate, Are Responsible for Analysis
- Mastering the Flow of Relevance
- The “Double Down” Approach to PPC
- To Direct Link or Not to Direct Link
- The Mathematical Business Model of PPC
- Using Concise Pages for PPC
- Creating a Long Term, Scalable PPC Campaign
My Training Activity
Here you have an overview of where you are in your training so you can continue on your lessons where you left.
In the training HQ, you will find all the training inside Wealthy Affiliate. You can filter what the main topics should be or filter by other criteria. In this section is more for people that have finished the training and want to know more about a particular topic like how to rank on youtube.
In addition to the training, you can also go into the 12 different Classrooms that are broken down into various topics like SEO, PPC, WordPress and more. Again this is for the more advanced users that want to take a deep dive in one or more topics.
Websites and hosting
In this section, you have all the tools you need to create and maintain a website. You can create a website on siterubix.com. You can use a domain you own or register a new one. To create a website is done very easy as you can see in this training. The websites are created with WordPress.
In this menu, you can also write and update all your content. You can also use WordPress to write your content. This was what I do, but you have the choice.
Every Saturday there is a live webinar where a topic is presented. The topics and the host is scheduled and planned a long time ahead. That way you can plan what you want to watch. The webinars are usually 1 hour long, and you can watch them later.
That way there will always be updated training in Wealthy Affiliate.
The Research Tool Jaaxy
Wealthy Affiliate has its own Keyword research tool named Jaaxy. This tool has most of the function you need to do your research, both in your niche, but also your competitions.
I will not go deep into the Jaaxy, I will make a separate review of Jaaxy later.
You want to track your rankings on different keywords you are using to get people to your site. Here you can write your keywords and monitor the ranking. Bot frustrated and fun to watch, based on how you progress.
This can be done manually or automatically.
My Keyword Lists
You can save a keyword list where you can see the different stats. Very nice to have when working on a project. You can have multiple lists with keywords in it.
Here you can do an in-depth analysis of your keywords. Type in a keyword you want to rank for and get the top search engine listings. Then you can view the details for the different articles. You see on the picture below that Wealthy Affiliate Review have articles that are very long. The number 1 on the ranking has 6879 words! Will this Wealthy Affiliate review beat this article?
I love alphabet soup. You write your keyword you want to rank on and Jaaxy goes through the search suggestion to google with your keyword + the alphabet letters.
So it’s like if you type “Wealthy affiliate a” in google search. Then you get a suggestion of search phrases that begin with “Wealthy affiliate a” like the picture below. So how awesome is it when you get all the alphabet letters with just a click? Don’t underestimate this tool!
Write in your keyword and Jaaxy will return a list of relevant keywords for you to use. Nice to have if you are looking for more related keywords. You can also use it to find a related keyword that is easier to rank for.
Find affiliate programs in a niche you are searching for. The tool will search through the different networks for an affiliate program for you to promote.
Niche Keyword Lists
When you are working on a project, then I like to have my keywords for later use. You want to write several articles, and a keyword list will help you find the correct ones for you to target.
You have access to a live chat where we can engage with each other. This can be quick questions about affiliate marketing or what you will eat for dinner. Just now a couple of peoples is discussing the tiny house movement. There is of course also a lot of discussion about affiliate marketing. The chat is very active and helpful if you have questions.
Here is the place if you have technical difficulties. Do you have problems, ask the support. You will receive an answer pretty quick. You also have access to the owners of Wealthy Affiliate, Kyle and Carson. In addition to them, you can ask the affiliate you joined through, if you joined through an affiliate link.
Hopefully, you will choose me.
You can also ask the community if you have some none technical questions and someone will help you.
The community in Wealthy Affiliate impressed me when I joined. It’s a very long time ago I first signed up, so I don’t quite remember what happened, but I remember when I signed up for premium membership.
When I joined the premium plan, I was welcomed by several other members and received many private messages on the first days. I was also added to many networks (followers). I’m also added to the network to the person who recommended me to join. I can easily contact him if I need help. This is very helpful for new members that have some questions.
You can make friends here with like-minded persons, and that’s great. What is essential when you try to make your path to online income is to find like-minded persons to engage with and learn from. To do everything alone can be hard to begin with. Here you receive a lot of tips and also help if you ask.
Wealthy Affiliate has made it so if people help each other, the helper will receive credit for help by receiving Community credits. With Community credits, you can pay for feedback on your site or comments. This is boosting the engagement in the community and is a very powerful tool to give the incentive to help others.
I have discussed the Live Chat above, but this is an important feature, so they have more than one way to access the live chat.
Community training and blogs
When you join Wealthy Affiliate, you receive a blog where you can post on. The post will be shown on the dashboard to others. Here you can update the community with tips and tricks or write about your progress.
Premium members can also do their own training for other members. This way you can give something back to the community.
Starter VS Premium Membership
As I wrote above, Wealthy Affiliate has two different memberships. It’s the free one named Starter and the premium membership. The premium membership cost $49 each month. You can also do the yearly plan and pay $359 each year. The pricing has been the same for years. You can see the main difference in the picture below and also click the link below the image for the details.
You can read more about the difference in the two memberships here: Starter vs Premium
You have the support from other members. You can ask in live chat, ask in the private message to other members and the owners that is Kyle and Carson. You can also ask your questions in different classrooms.
Technical support can be sent to the support team directly, and they will usually respond in a few hours 24/7.
Who are Wealthy Affiliate for?
Wealthy Affiliate is for all. You have all the information you need there and a lot of help, but this is also a community, and you can exchange ideas with other more experienced members. You will never know everything, so a community is nice to have with a mix of beginners, intermediate and experienced affiliates.
Wealthy Affiliate Pros & Cons
- Good structure and clear instructions.
- You receive free hosting for 2 websites. 50 websites for premium users!
- Both free and paid courses, weekly training and bootcamps. A lot of content that is updated.
- Very newbie friendly.
- An active community that is very helpsome to each other.
- Step by step training with clear instructions.
- Hosting included for your websites
- Tools to do research.
- Everything is controlled from the Wealthy Affiliate homepage. This is both pros and cons. You are more locked to WA, but it is great for new users since this gives you fewer distractions.
- The site design could be improved.
- They could have a price for membership and one for hosting.
I have some bonuses for you!
If you join Premium within the first 7 days, here are some bonuses that I am going to be giving you:
- You are going to get a 61% discount on your first month Premium membership (only $19).
- You are going to get personal and private access to me! If you ever have a question or need help with your campaigns, I will be there.
As you probably understand so do I recommend Wealthy Affiliate, but here are some screenshots from others.
Wealthy Affiliate Pricing
The cost of the premium membership is $19 the first month, then you will pay $49 each month. You can cancel the membership whenever you want.
You can also choose yearly membership that cost $359, that’s a 39% discount. If you decide to go for Wealthy Affiliate, an annual payment plan is highly recommended.
If you think the yearly plan is a bit long, you also have the 6 months payment plan. 20% off is also nice!
What I recommend you to do is to go for the free startup plan to get familiar with the membership. You will receive extra bonuses if you join the premium plan during the free 7 days trial.
So do I think Wealthy Affiliate is worth it? This is a question many ask. I think Wealthy Affiliate is definitely worth it. You receive a lot of value for your money. There is so much information there that some of the complaints are that you can easily be a little overwhelming. Not the worst criticism.
IF you are just starting, Wealthy Affiliate is worth it. You receive all the training you need, a community and a place to host your websites. In addition to that, you will gain access to tools so you can do your research and find your ranking.
If you already have hosting, the value will be a little lower, but you still have the rest. And the community is really worth it.
Looking back, I wish I chose something and stuck to it. Wealthy Affiliate is a very friendly and complete membership site that I highly recommend. I recommend you to try the free membership and find out if this is something for you. Create a free website where you can write a bit to be used to this. A free website is nice to have. You can link to your main webpage later for extra SEO juice. This is called Web 2.0 sites that are popular to use now.
Not sure yet? Want to know how you can benefit from Wealthy Affiliate? Then I suggest you watch the video made by the cofounder that is a part of the training here: Video – How You can benefit from WA
If you have some questions, or something is missing from my review, please comment below, and I will try my best to answer you.
Wealthy Affiliate - A membership site for affiliate marketers
- Ease of use